Sunday, May 18, 2008

Toddler's School

My 2 year old daughter has no regular group of playmates and she was traumatized by her cousin same with her age who is quite a bully that makes her tremble every time a kid comes near to her. She spent most of her day watching TV, playing toys, and drawing thus her social skill is diminishing. While browsing on-line I went a crossed with the thread of moms who are looking for toddler’s school for their babies as early as 9 months. After reading all the pages and their insights regarding progressive teaching for young kids I wanted my daughter to enroll in toddler’s class too. My main objective is for her to build-up camaraderie and social interaction with the other kiddos. Of course a bonus point would be enhancing her academic skills, speech and creativity. I started inquiring last week at Gymboree. They offer as short as 4 weeks, 5 months or up to full academic year and the price depends on how many days a week you want your child to attend in their class. The problem is the accessibility of the location. I find it pretty difficult for us (for me and my daughter) to commute. We have to take 2 rides and walk for about a few blocks away to reach the premises. Just yesterday, after I’ve read good reviews about Toddlers Unlimited though the price is almost sky racketing (for me) I went to Festival Mall where they are situated. Viola!! They are offering Saturday class good for 8 sessions that will run for 1 ½ hour and a fee of P5,000.00. Children will be having play time, story telling, circling, arts and music. They also have school year programme but I just want to see first how my daughter will react and progress in a non-traditional class. I don’t want her to force into schooling at this early age baka kasi mag-sawa sya and his father is not into it either. Hence I need all my power charm to convince her daddy to enrol on Saturday Class at Toddlers Unlimited. Wish me luck!

Oooppss... I also heard Cambridge School at Alabang Town Center, one of my agenda this coming week to visit the place.


Photobucket

No comments: