Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Chicken Tinola



We bought a carpet and a center table expecting that we will be having my daughter’s birthday celebration in our house. But an abrupt changes were made; instead we had it celebrated at my in-laws' house. That led us to a tight budget this week. What’s left on my purse was only a P500 to spend for the entire week thus I have to spend it wisely. I went to the market yesterday to buy some veggies, fish and meat almost half of the budget was deducted.
If you are on a tight budget like me, here's what I've spent for our chicken tinola :-

Chicken- half of the portion of chicken breast P47.00
Papaya -P11.00
Sili leaves - P5.00

While the rest of the ingredients like onions, ginger & fish sauce are in my pantry.

Procedure:
Heat the oil in the casserole, I used olive oil. Saute ginger,onion and garlic. Add the chicken cook for a few minutes and season with fish sauce. Let the chicken absorb the fish sauce by simmering for 3-5 minutes. Pour in the water, bring to a boil and add the sliced papaya. Simmer until the papaya is cook,season with pepper then drop the sili leaves and turn off the heat.

Serving: good for 2-3 pax.





Photobucket

No comments: