Sunday, March 30, 2008

Pork Asado


Last Friday was my daughter's 2nd birthday but we celebrated it yesterday with her cousins. I prepared meals for lunch and we also had the baked macaroni, cake and ice cream for merienda. One of the meals that I cooked was pork asado,my husband's fave, though the meat was not tender maybe because the pork has been in the fridge for a few days :(. Addition to this are cheese wrapped in lumpia wrapper, fried chicken, java rice and chicken with lemon sauce. Woke-up 4 am to prepare 5 dishes and finished cooking at 8 am. I just let my husband do the cooking for our breakfast because i need to take a nap before we leave the house and packed all the food and things we need to bring.

Here's my entry for Pork Asado :-

1 kl Pork cut into cubes
3pcs tomato-chopped
2pcs onion-chopped
Kikkoman soy sauce
water
1/4c pineapple juice
salt & pepper
cooking oil
Mix all together the soy sauce, water and pineapple juice. Set aside.

In a skillet, heat oil on high heat. Fry the pork for a few minutes or until the edges turned to brown. Add onions and tomatoes to saute. Pour in soy sauce mixture. Let it boil. Season with salt and pepper. Simmer for about an hour or until the meat is tender. Just add water if it becomes dry.





Photobucket

No comments: