Saturday, February 23, 2008

A birthday Getaway


Our first getaway was The Lady of Manaoag Church in Pangasinan. Manaoag Shrine is known as the Pilgrimage Capital of Northern Phils.I promised myself that I'll visit this church on or before my birthday to pray and to thank God for the blessings and for giving me another year.It was a 5 hours bus drive from Cubao to Urdaneta,Pangasinan and another less than half an hour tricycle drive from Urdaneta to Manaoag Church so we reached the church almost 12 noon. I lighted candles first before I went inside to do my agenda.After some picture takings and walking around the area we had our lunch in a carinderia located at the back of the church, it was a cloudy sky and breezy air that made us to eat more. I was puzzled when I took pictures of the altar where The Lady of Manaog situated, the pictures were dark even I turned on the flash of my digicam and the church was quite lighted hmmm..maybe I just need to adjust my camera. Anyways,we bought Tupig and puto for pasalubong along the highway.


Tupig is made of glutinous rice with grated coconut wrapped in banana leaves and cooked over hot coils. It's one of my favorite Filipino dessert delicacies that you can find in the streets of Pangasinan, La Union and Baguio. The journey took us whole day, we arrived home around 9 p.m.


The next day, instead of going to Puerto Gallera which we're planning for a long time now but due to weather condition I opted to have our swimming and spa at Ace Water Spa. It offers water spa services good for 4 hours and enjoy all their facilities at a cost of P500 for adults and P250 for kids below 4ft.Proper swimming attire is a must especially for female any fitted shorts like cycling shorts allowed for male. Swim caps are provided also, towels(P150 rent) and swim wears are for sale or rent at the reception desk. We're lucky to avail their promo of buying 3 tickets and get one free so my daughter had her free entrance. They have a coffe lounge inside where we had our light lunch (you don't want a full belly swimming around the pool).The price is affordable considering the serving is big enough for my empty stomach. I just ordered carbonara and iced Latte, for me my home made carbonara tastes better.


Ace water Spa provides a separate locker and dressing/shower room for male and female. They have different kinds of hydrotherapy treatments and herbal pool that you will surely enjoy and your kids too plus sauna and steam room. Drinking water station is placed in every corner. I'm glad we took advantage of the regular day because the pool was not crowded expect more during week-ends and holidays.I enjoyed the waist jet massage it gives you a feeling of losing a cm. of your waistline and the high presure massage for your head and shoulders. After consuming the 4 hours and used all their facilities I felt so light and relaxed but of course the night was still young and we're already starving.

The next stop was at Napoli Pizzeria Ristorante in Tomas Morato for our dinner and it was my brother's treat for my b-day. He's craving for pasta and suggested Napoli.The parking area was full thus we've parked a few blocks away from Napoli and pay P30 for parking fee. The ambiance is nice, few tables left unoccupied when we went inside. We ordered chicken strips drenched in flour, herbs and spices with sauce for dippings, seafood spaghetti yummy and healthy and All meat pizza good for 3-4 persons. Though we haven't finished our pizza kasi naumay kami sa dami ng mantika pinabalot na lang namin. Then headed back to south before we cought on traffic jam.
hay what a day to end...








No comments: