Saturday, April 26, 2014

Applying for Taiwan Visa

Hubby is working in Taiwan for almost 2 years now, that's how long we are as LDR couple. I've been planning to visit him since last year but our budget wasn't ready for it. :-) Booking a flight is not a problem I can count on promo fare (thank you, cebupac) but Visa is another thing.Yes, Taiwan requires visa for Filipinos. Thus I have to plan, wait, save and save more. Last February, i was able to booked a flight to Taiwan at 75% off amounting to Php8,600+  RT for 2 pax inclusive of baggage allowance of 15kls.Next step, I prepare all the necessary documents for Visa application click here. Went to TECO Embassy last April 14 to submit our applications.

Documents submitted:
Online application form - Note: Fill in the form in  BLOCK letters.
NSO Marriage Certificate
NSO Birth Certificate
Bank Certificate (with only P50k +)
Passport
Letter of Invitation from Hubby
Photocopy of hubby's Company ID and ARC
Photocopy of MC & BC

I also submitted our eticket and hotel reservation but the officer just looked at it and return back to me. The officer also asked my husband's photocopy of his passport but I don't have it that time. She told me to bring it on releasing date.Visa application fee for single entry is PhP2,100.00.

After a week, went back to TECO praying that we got our visa approved. Hurray!!Answered prayer! But prior to that let me tell you a short story because i've read from some blogs and forums about their "not so nice" experience they encountered from the receptionists to IO. Thank God, i didn't encounter that from the receptionist so i thought maybe not from the receptionist but to the IO. I reached TECO office past 2:00 p.m. my number was 237 the number flashed on the screen was 9 so I told myself "naku! ang tagal ko pa". What i didn't know kaya pala 37 lang ang naka highlighted na number yun na pala yun (sorry! pers timer :D ) nalaman ko lang from those agencies when she exchanged her number to the other member. I quickly went to the counter when the number flashed on the screen was already 38. Gave my number and receipts then dun na'ko medyo natarayan, the IO asked me "bakit ngayon ka lang? kanina pa yung 37 ah?". I just told her "akala ko po kasi 237 pa ako" half smiling like admitting my boom panes moment! HAHAHA! she turned her back and after a few minutes she gave our passports with visa on it! 

valid for 3 months

Taiwan here we are!!
Next entry..Travel Tax.




No comments: