Monday, July 23, 2012

Ganglion Cyst

 

After 3 months of giving birth to my daughter, i noticed a lump on the back of my left wrist. I told my mom about it and she told me to rub it with my saliva best time to do it in the morning when my laway is as fresh as rotten food hahaha! (sounds ewwww, right?)As an obedient daughter, i followed it. An urban legend it may be, somehow the lump is getting smaller but it didn't disappear.The rubbing thing last only for more than a week because at the back of my mind the lump won't just disappear by simply rubbing it. I googled and found out what it was - Ganglion cyst or Bible bump. Since it was not cancerous i didn't bother myself to go into a surgery and have it remove. Bad me?!!Hearing the word surgery, takot na ko paano pa kaya kung ako mismo mag-a-under go sa surgery. scary! The cyst didn't affect my hand nor my daily activities except when you take a look at it, unsightly tignan.

Fast forward, after 6 years (ganun katagal!!)  yesterday i noticed the bump has already gone!(Thank you Lord!) I don't know exactly how it disappeared but last week after some push-ups, i've felt a slight pain on my left wrist so i did some massage, twisting my wrist and rubbed the cyst hoping that it will be gone.Soon enough, viola! gone. I hope and pray that there will be no recurrence na.


No comments: