Friday, December 12, 2008

Her first dental visit

I'd been wanted to schedule my daughter's dental visit long time ago. But due to cough, colds, fever and measles she had recently i have to moved the schedule for her to recuperate first. Weeks had passed i almost forgot the dental visit.

Yesterday, during my leisure time away from my errands i sms the dentist to set an appointment on Friday morning or if he's free anytime of the day it would be much better for us to set the visit. The dentist replied and said that he's on the clinic until 1P.M. Immediately i dressed my daughter and explained to her that she needs to have her teeth cleaned. She opened her mouth imitating the Colgate commercial on TV (the one with the brother & sister pretending as a patient and the latter as a dentist). "It would be like that", i utter to her. She seems so excited on our way to the clinic.

After i filled-up the information sheet and some medical questions we proceed inside the cubicle. The dentist assisted my daughter to sit on the chair, entertains her by switching the light on/off by just waving his hand on the back of the lamp and she got amused. :) My daughter was very cooperative. She was even laughing while the dentist brushing her teeth nakikiliti kasi. Though she's about to cry when the fluoride gel was applied on her upper teeth, i guess her mouth was tired or she didn't like the taste of the gel. I just gave her an assurance that it will be "okay". The procedures lasted less than an hour and i seated right next to the dentist. No drinks or food allowed for 30 minutes after the procedure. I applauded and gave her a high five for being a good girl/patient she was. Quite expensive though, but for my daughter the experience was priceless.

By the way, her molars need to apply fillings to prevent caries which are now starting to appear on both upper and lower teeth. I set for another appointment for this procedure as I have to save up and talk to daddy first about the budget. It's not just one but 8 molars requiring sealant which will cost us a substantial amount.


Photobucket

No comments: