Friday, February 15, 2013

Post Valentine's Date

with my daughter ;-)
It's been 9 months already when i became a LDR (Long Distance Relationship) wifey. Thus, my constant date is my one and only ~ hija.
I was craving for red velvet cupcakes yesterday and i can't find at nearby stores/cafes. This afternoon, we went to Southmall to look for red velvet cupcakes of Sophie's Mom after searching online. It was newly opened store here in south area.

Red Velvet cupcake with cream cheese
While paying for the cupcakes my daughter told me that she wants to eat in Starbucks (medyo na-shock ang nanay! anak, you should be drinking milk not coffee!!) But I knew why, so i brought her inside the cafe to look for breads. Alas! nandun ang French Bread sabay turo at sabing "that's what i want to eat mom-- French Bread!"..Nagdalawang isip ang nanay because i include coffee & milk tea in my fasting aside from red meat. Going inside Starbucks is a test of temptation for me, buti na lang i refused to give in ;-P I have to convince unica hija not buy it (bad mom! hahaha) i told her i'll make french bread sa house na lang, my version which is her usual breakfast --toasted garlic bread. Pumayag naman.hehehe!

After ng mahaba-habang ikot sa mall we ended up at Mary Grace Cafe.

Lemon Square
I ordered Lemon square (P17/pc)for myself because for sure i'll be the one to finish the remaining food of my unica hija. I like its contrasting taste of sourness from lemon filling and a bit of sweetness from the crust. Weirdo kasi palate ko, if i ate too much sweets i like to eat something salty basta kailangan contrast ang lasa. And lemon square is meant for me :) pantanggal umay for cream based pasta (below).
Mary Grace Mushroom Cream Pasta

We both loved pasta with white/cream sauce (kahit  may umay factor) it is always on our list. Lenten season kicked off last Wednesday, mushroom cream (P266) is a good alternative to seafood or aglio olio pasta.You can really taste the mushroom flavor from the sauce.
Strawberry Milkshake












As for my craving for red velvet cupcake, my first time to eat (not the cupcakes) this particular flavor topped with cream cheese. The frosting is not too sweet and the sponge is light with a little surprise of choco bits :-) Though i find the cream cheese heavy for me, maybe i'm not a fan of cream cheese. Next visit ... i wanna try their cookies especially the oreo cheesecake (P55).



No comments: